Friday, January 2, 2009

NY Times: Inside the Playbook Challenge

If anyone is interested, the New York Times has a neat feature this week, it's called the Playbook Challange.

 If you register with the Times, you will be able to fill out an interactive NFL Playoffs bracket to test your knowledge and skill at picking the NFL playoff games and the eventual winner of the Superbowl. 

 You have too not only pick the winner of each game but  the margin of victory each team will win by.   

After you complete the form you are issued a unqiue "url" that you can email or display to others so that they can follow your picks     

"The New York Times Inside the Playbook Challenge allows you to pick the winners and margins of victory for each round of the N.F.L. playoffs, including the Super Bowl. Save your picks, compare them with other readers and test your N.F.L. savvy against New York Times reporters."

If anyone is interested here is my url:

Let me know what you think of my picks and we can compare notes. 

One catch however, registration ends today so don't wait, sign up fast and lets see how well everyone picks the winners of this weekends NFL playoffs and all then all of the games right through to the Superbowl. 


4 comments:

GW said...

Mike,

The Times hid the rules tab now that your picks are locked in. How are the points awarded?

Thanks,

G

MiddletownMike said...

Sorry G,

My bad, I don't remember myself.

I believe it is a combination of correct picks and point spreads against the Times's experts picks ??

Currently I have 10 points and rank #3526 out of 10993. This ranking does not include todays results yet where I am currently 1 for 2.

What's your ranking?

GW said...

After yesterday's two games (which I correctly picked) I was ranked 278th out of the same 10993. I had 23 points but couldn't remember how they are distributed.

After today's games I am 4/4 for the weekend but awaiting the Times to update the rankings.

Thanks for your response.

MiddletownMike said...

Good for you G,

If there is any money to be made in the next few weeks, I'll be picking with you!