Last week's Middletown Township Committee meeting was brief and sparsely attended, which was to be expected. It was the first meeting since Election Day and Thanksgiving was just days away.
Here are a few brief highlights:
- A presentation was made to recognize the library for receiving a Readers Choice Award from the Asbury Park Press.
- Two proclamations were presented, but no recipients came forward to accept them.
- An ordinance was introduced to add names of veterans to the street naming list.
- A resolution was authorized to amend resolution 16-210 to submit an open space grant application for $167K to be matched with Township funds to erect a lighting system at the Nut Swamp School artificial turf field.
- Another resolution was adopted to award a contract for Ideal Beach Improvements.
As always, you can download a copy of the Meeting Agenda that contains the discussion items and the proposed resolutions and ordinances that were voted on or presented during the meeting. A box around an item is a link, bringing you further into the document to that resolution or ordinance. At the end of the resolution there will be a link bringing you back to the agenda. Attached to this agenda is also the monthly bill list, so that everyone can see how the Township is spending our tax dollars.