During the meeting:
- The township swore in 4 new police officers.
- Ordinances were adopted to amend the sidewalk construction account, to set fees for micro-chipping pets and to borrow $5.3M for capital improvements.
- An ordinance was introduced authorizing a lease agreement between the township and the Middletown Emergency Medical Services. The vote to approve this ordinance will take place at the September 6 workshop meeting.
- Another ordinance was introduced to change the zoning on property along Rt. 35 from commercial to residential.The vote to approve this ordinance will take place at the September 19 workshop meeting.
- The Township Committee also authorized the sale of $3M in bonds to redeem bonds that were issued in 2009.
During Public Comments (54:56), many residents who filled the courtroom, spoke out against the installation of high voltage power lines along the NJ Transit right of way by JCP&L.
As always, you can download a copy of the Meeting Agenda that contains the discussion items and the proposed resolutions and ordinances that were voted on or presented during the meeting. A box around an item is a link, bringing you further into the document to that resolution or ordinance. At the end of the resolution there will be a link bringing you back to the agenda. Attached to this agenda is also the monthly bill list, so that everyone can see how the Township is spending our tax dollars.