Thursday, April 21, 2016

Earth Day 2016







We need to take care of the Earth,it's the only planet that we have.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
 ~Native American Proverb





Earth Day is a reminder of our eternal duty to protect our planet, our home.
- Al Gore 







"The earth does not argue,
Is not pathetic, has no arrangements,
Does not scream, haste, persuade, threaten, promise,
Makes no discriminations, has no conceivable failures,
Closes nothing, refuses nothing, shuts none out,
Of all the powers, objects, states, it notifies, shuts none out."

– Walt Whitman, "Leaves of Grass," 1855


"There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

– Carl Sagan


“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.”

– Neil Armstrong





This Earth Day, let’s get really big stuff done for our planet.

What are we waiting for? The time is now.

Learn more about Earth Day and what you can do @ EarthDay.org


No comments: