Last year, Madden NFL 15 not only predicted that the Patriots would win the Super Bowl, it predicted that they would come from behind in a last minute comeback to defeat the Seattle Seahawks by a score of 28-24.
It also predicted that:
- The Patriots would score first - Correct
- Tom Brady would win MVP - Correct
- Tom Brady would have 4 touchdown passes - Correct
- Julian Edelman would catch the game winning touchdown - Correct
- Tom Brady would pass for 335 yard (he throw for 328, 7 yards shy of total)
- It was only 3 yards and 1 catch away from perfectly calling Julian Edelman’s entire game.
- Halftime score 17 - 14 (game was actually tied at 14)
For this year's game, which will be played on Sunday, EA Sports Madden NFL 16 once again goes out on the limb to predict the outcome of Super Bowl 50. The game will be played in San Francisco between the Caroline Panthers and the Denver Broncos.
According to the Madden 16 game simulation,Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers dominate the first half of the game by jumping out to a commanding lead of 17-0 over the Broncos. Peyton Manning and the Broncos then flip the game on its head by owning the second half and going ahead of the Panthers 20-17 in the 4th quarter. The game then comes down to game ending, final minute drive by the Panthers to win it by the score of 24-20.
How accurate will this year's game simulation be? Will it be successful in predicting the winner of the Super Bowl for the 10th time in 13 years? We'll have to wait until Sunday to find out.