By District 4 Coalition for Change
A Republican supporter of our movement to #stopchrissmith told us that her Republican friends were going to vote for the whole package, regarding Chris Smith.
So, we decided to review what is in the Chris Smith Package and here are our TOP TEN reasons to VOTE AGAINST Chris Smith.
1. Voted to close the government - closing parks, impacting veteran benefits and putting people out of work.
2. Voted for the Ryan Budge - cutting benefits for Veterans, the elderly and cuts long term care for the disabled and autistic. Also, reopens the prescription drug "Donut hole" impacting the elderly.
The Consortium for Disabled Persons, the Veterans and the Autistic Society urged Smith to NOT vote YES on the Ryan Budget - but he voted as a GOP block anyway and ignored is constituents.
3. He has not lived in NJ for over 30 years. His children received Virginia In State tuition for college. He was not here for 9/11, Irene or Sandy. Which is probably why he made an oath to NOT support any climate change legislation unless it also provided tax cuts for the biggest polluters, the Koch Brothers who wrote the pledge!
4. He voted Against Wage Fairness in 2014
5. Voted for Personhood over and over again. Personhood gives a fetus the same rights as an adult human. Personhood BANS ALL birth control, stem cell research and in - vitro fertilization.
6. Wrote Bill, HR3, redefining the language of rape to forcible rape. Women would have to be beaten, bloody or worse to prove they were raped based on Smith's definition.
7. Voted to OUTLAW the Birth Control Pill.
8. Smith is Against CHOICE even in cases of RAPE, INCEST and to SAVE THE LIFE OF THE MOTHER.
9. Smith refuses to support common sense expanded Universal Background Checks that keep guns out of the hands of rapists, criminals, domestic abusers and terrorists. Even after 87 school shootings, Smith will not support Gun Reform.
10. Voted Against the VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN'S ACT IN 2013.
To boot, Smith will not support Marriage Equality.
Is that the package that the Republican's are voting for?
Who in this District does he actually represent?
Help us #stopchrissmith and his #waronwomen by sharing Smith's voting record and #GOTV
Towns in District 4 NJ
Allentown, Bayhead, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Colts Neck, Eatontown, Englishtown, Fair Haven, Farmingdale, Freehold Township, Freehold Boro, Hamilton, Holmdel, Howell, Jackson, Lake Como, Lakehurst, Lakewood, Little Silver, Manalapan, Manasquan, Manchester, Middletown, Millstone, Neptune, Ocean, Pt. Pleasant, Pt. Pleasant Beach, Red Bank, Robbinsville, Roosevelt, Rumson, Seat Girt, Shrewsbury, Spring Lake, Tinton Falls, Upper Freehold, Wall, Neptune, Neptune City