Monday, June 10, 2013

Pallone Makes It Official, "I'm In"


TRENTON, NJ— At an afternoon press conference in Trenton, NJ, Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06) announced his candidacy to fill the remaining term of the late Senator Frank R. Lautenberg. Immediately prior to hand-delivering nominating petitions signed by supporters to New Jersey’s Division of Elections, Pallone told a crowd of gathered reporters of his intention to run for the open Senate seat.


“Today, I am proud to stand here and declare my candidacy to be the next U.S. Senator from the great state of New Jersey,” said Pallone. “Although I wish this opportunity to run for the seat vacated as a result of the loss of my good friend and colleague, Senator Frank Lautenberg, had never risen, I am committed to carrying on his legacy of fighting for New Jersey.”

Pallone, a 13 term Congressman from Long Branch spoke of his long record of advocating for all New Jerseyans and laid out some of his top priorities.

“I’m in,” said Pallone. “I’m in this race because families in our state and throughout the nation are hurting, and I believe that we have a responsibility to roll up our sleeves, get to work and help. Throughout my career, I have been committed to public service and to the idea that, no matter the size of the challenge, I would continue to stand and fight and work toward sensible solutions.”

A progressive Democrat with a long record of achieving results for New Jersey, Pallone cited his core Democratic principles and belief that government can be a tool for good as influencing his decision to run for the Senate.

“I’m running for the Senate because we need to focus on getting people back to work, rebuilding our economy, making sure our environment is clean and safe for future generations, and standing up for equality for all Americans,” said Pallone. “We can’t wait for solutions. We need results from proven leaders now, which is why I am entering this race and why I am asking for the support of New Jerseyans to be our state’s next Senator. I have never backed down from a fight, regardless of how long the odds are, and I will continue to stand firm in my fight for New Jersey.”

No comments: