Thursday, October 29, 2009

Letter:Michelle Roth, Democratic Candidate Adresses the 12th Assembly District

Dear Neighbor,

My name is Michelle Roth. I am running for Assemblywoman in District 12.

Like many women in Monmouth County I wear various hats. I am a working mother (of three daughters), wife and public servant. I have dedicated my time since my children were young to creating solutions that improve the future for all our children. I understand the challenges modern families face. I also understand that government needs to do a better job providing essential services and a lower tax bill so that our children and our parents can afford to stay in New Jersey. I worry about the future our children will inherit.

Because the challenges that face us are both great and grave, we need to make sure that we have the right people in office making the tough decisions. As the Mayor of Manalapan, I made local government more transparent by televising all meetings and improving access to public records online. I prevented urban sprawl by purchasing open space and supporting farmland preservation programs. I also reduced the size of government while making it more efficient. I will work to do the same in Trenton.

I am not the usual candidate for public office. I earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University and own a small consulting firm that does no business within the State of New Jersey. There is nothing I want from the Trenton machine. Instead, I would like to change the way business is done in Trenton so we can get our spending under control and shift the funding of education away from property taxes and over to the State income tax system, where it belongs.

The Women’s Political Caucus of NJ recently endorsed me. They said that women elected to public office make a difference in our quality of life and change the political environment for the better by helping to restore the public’s trust in government. Women elected to public office waste no time in rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. I have also been endorsed by Planned Parenthood as I stand in defense of women’s rights.

Along with my running mate John Amberg, I have run a grassroots campaign, walking door to door and trying to speak with as many of the 141,000 voters in our district as possible. If we missed your door, I do apologize. You’ll notice that we had no fancy literature and did not bombard you with mailing after mailing. Nor have we said anything negative about our opponents. We’ve run a clean campaign based upon our ideas that we would enact when elected.

I know I can begin to fix the problems in Trenton but I need your help. On November 3rd, when you go out to vote, please vote for Michelle Roth and John Amberg. Let our voice be your voice in Trenton. Let us put your family first.

With warm regards,

Michelle Roth, Candidate
12th Assmebly District

www.roth-amberg.com

No comments: