Sunday, July 27, 2008

MoreMonmouthMusings's Art Gallagher is loosing it

I recieved the following email from Art Gallagher this morning, I think that he is loosing it and has started to crack under the pressure of all contorversy he has surrounded himself with "N" word. His email also pionts out how intolerant he actually is towards anyone with a difference of opinion. 

"Mike,

This post is pure demagoguery. Reading it, I can understand why you don't think you are qualified to have a conversation about race.
You are also not qualified to make an assessment of me, my qualifications or the level of respect I may or may not have in the community.
I can appreciate Mr. Dangler's upset with my posts. But you are just a blowhard who knows nothing of what you are talking about trying to make a name for yourself. Try Mud Raker.
"The N-word is not acceptable speech, has never been acceptable speech by anyone, and will never be acceptable speech for anyone, of any race, political party or consequent to any agenda."
This statement is simply not true. Do some research lazy boy.
I have no ill feeling towards Art Gallagher Really? I have ill feeling towards you after this post.
and I do not necessarily wish him any harm.
You don't necessarily wish me any harm? That means under certain circumstances you do or would wish me harm! Or are were you just being linguistically lazy again?

To Rick: You post disappoints me. While we have our friendly and occasionally testy banter, I really thought you had a stronger character....like your father, and his team mates obviously did.
To say Caucasians have no business talking about, using, or even discussing the use of the "N" word perpetuates the separatism that is at the heart of the problem of relationships between the races.
A bunch of white guys arguing over the N-word is absurd and I'm working hard to keep this conversation I started from devolving into that. But Rick, you are smart and sensitive enough to know that this conversation is not about the N-Word. It is about race relations, as I have said so many times and as you said in the beginning of your post. You're in one of the races. You're qualified. By the way Rick, you may well be a decendent of slaves, as you might learn reading MMM this coming week.
No that that's off my chest...as I have said numerous times in my posts, I am working to increase understanding and acceptance between whites and blacks. Toward that end, I have spent the better part of the week, and will continue until I'm done, researching the history of slavery and race. I've learned some shocking and disturbing things. There will be a series of posts about what I've learned next week at my place. I've already got posts going through Thrusday. Check them out." 

1 comment:

ambrosiajr said...

Art,
You have my email address if you want to discuss. I have lived long enough to know that you don't need to use any type of derogatory or inflammatory rhetoric to have a discussion on race relations. This is about the use of the word that Jackson used. You, and other republicans were wondering why he gets a pass. Nothing more. You may want to mask it with saying you want dialogue, but I would bet you my last dollar (and the way the economy is going, that won't be that long in the future), that if you went into the NAACP and said you wanted to start talking about the "N"word, that you would be run out on a rail for offending every African American in attendance.
There are other, more constructive, more sensitive and more socially acceptable ways to have that discussion.

And because I am a white male, I really don't feel qualified to use, talk about, describe, blurt, or express how I feel on the use of that totally offensive and demeaning word. I have said before on other posts, we have no idea what discrimination feels like. We are not hated by just having white skin, as some African American's are because their skin color is different. We just don't know what that's like. You can pound me all you want. You have in the past. But for this, I won't be backing down, nor will I discuss this further on this blog, or any other.