Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Patch: Mike Morris Will Challenge Tony Perry For Middletown Twp. Committee

Shoutout to the Middletown Patch for this very flattering article today Middletown Patch for this very flattering article today. It has definitely set a few tail feathers flying into a tizzy and started the trolls to emerge from under their bridges... I say, 'Bring it on!'

So what was it about today's Patch article that has so many bent out of shape? Probably the fact that Carly Baldwin stated that she has intentions to follow this campaign very closely over the "next six months"!  Chronicling a campaign in Middletown like she plans is unheard of in recent times. There are many Republicans in Middletown (and Monmouth County for that matter) that believe Democrats shouldn't be seen or heard. That's something that I have no intentions of allowing. I will be seen and I will be heard from defending principles that I believe in.

What am I about and what do I believe in? You can read my pitch for yourselves: 

 "My name is Michael Morris, and I am running for Township Committee. As a resident for 34 years, I have championed affordability and transparency in government, and been a strong advocate for our township's working-class taxpayers and families with special needs. Since 2008, I've run a watchdog blog to keep everyone informed about township policies and events. With over 30 years in the Chemical Industry and as a proud alumnus of Brookdale Community College, I am committed to making Middletown a better place. 
 
I am a regular, working-class, blue-collar guy who understands the struggles and aspirations of our community. I staunchly support workers' rights and unions, firmly believing that everyone deserves a fair wage. Additionally, I am a vocal advocate for healthcare as a right, not a privilege. I believe Social Security and Medicare are essential pillars of support for retirees and those in need. I am also pro-choice, believing in a woman's right to make decisions about her own body. Furthermore, I stand in solidarity with the LGBTQ+ community, advocating for equal rights and protections for all residents of Middletown. 

Middletown faces a critical challenge: our population growth has remained stagnant for nearly 20 years. We are grappling with an affordability crisis; the average home assessment has increased 47% over the past 5 years township-wide, which is squeezing out younger individuals, working-class families, and seniors. Starter homes are scarce. 

Our governance lacks a coherent strategy for sustainable development. Instead of fostering organic growth, officials rely on outdated strip malls and sprawling developments. Middletown needs a plan for Smart Growth. Currently, our infrastructure neglects crucial elements like walkability, bicycle lanes, and transit connectivity, favoring cars and worsening traffic congestion. 

This status quo is unsustainable. Middletown needs a leader with a comprehensive vision for its future — one who prioritizes safety, sustainability, and the well-being of taxpayers. This November, let's vote for change. Let's vote for me, Mike Morris, the candidate who can unlock Middletown's untapped potential."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will never be elected in this town.

MiddletownMike said...

Don't be so sure of yourself people are starting to notice the seedy underbelly being exposed.