Sunday, December 3, 2017

Letter: Freeholder Curley is an honest, ethical man


The expressed opinions or views of this letter does not necessarily represent the opinion of the MiddletownMike blog:

Dear Editor,

Having first met Monmouth County Freeholder John Curley many years ago, and at one point being in a position where I frequently spent time around the man, it is clear to me that the allegations made against him are not only baseless, but form a retaliatory political witch hunt.

I have observed the behavior of Freeholder Curley around many women, including my own mother, and I can say without any hesitation that he never sexually harassed anyone.

As blunt as he is, Freeholder Curley has been Monmouth County's loudest voice for doing the right thing, even when it means throwing members of his own party under the bus. This scares the corrupt.

For many years, Freeholder Curley has stood up to corruption and misconduct in "Club Monmouth". Were it not for Freeholder Curley (and then Freeholder Amy Mallet) the corruption at Brookdale Community College would have never been uncovered. Curley put ex-Brookdale President Peter Burnham in jail for theft. Others on the board are still out to get him for this.

Freeholder Curley and I had a bit of a personal falling out, so if anyone was going to trash the man, it would be me. But despite our differences, I can say Freeholder Curley is an honest, ethical gentleman. Stop this nonsense and let the man continue his excellent public service, because Freeholder Lillian Burry is the one with a broomstick and vendetta.

Rev. Dr. Eric Hafner
Former Congressional Candidate
Toms River

1 comment:

Carolyn Schwebel said...

Eric's letter is accurate. I have known and worked with John Curley on the Monmouth County Human Relations Commission for around ten years, and speaking for myself I can confirm the points in Eric's letter. I have appreciated John Curley's gadfly ways and blunt willimgness to speak out, especially in the case of the Brookdale fiasco. I appreciate the way he questions authority and stands up for his constituents against even his the fellow freeholders. As a victim, I am the first to identify and confront sexual harassment, but it seems that the Monmouth County officials are conducting a payback "wizard hunt." insteard