Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Letter: A Call To Investigate the Monmouth County Family Court

The expressed opinions or views of this letter does not necessarily represent the opinion of the MiddletownMike blog:



Dear Editor,

Under the corrupt regime of Governor Chris Christie and with the help of Senator Joe Kyrillos, Monmouth County's Most Infamous Superior Court Judge, Paul X. Escandon, was granted lifetime tenure in June 2016 in a 22 to 9 vote, despite the fact that dozens of women spoke out against him at the hearing, recalling discriminatory and unlawful treatment they experienced during his time as a Family Court Judge. Convicted mobsters (who chose not to go into Witness Protection) were given custody of children, and emancipation orders (to terminate support) were handed out like candy, relieving fathers of support obligations, even when the law clearly said otherwise.

Since Judge Escandon's egregious behavior became common knowledge and resulted in organized groups of protesters, he was reassigned to hear civil cases, with many tenants describing similarly unfair treatment in Landlord Tenant court. Judge Escandon previously worked as a private lawyer defending criminals facing narcotics trafficking charges, so it is not unsurprising to see someone used to representing ruthless drug cartel members, being so unfit to protect the interests of mothers, children, and low-income tenants.

I know these mothers were telling the truth because I am also one of Escandon's victims. Escandon personally cut off the minuscule child support my mother received for me, on a motion filed by Vincent Stripto of Drain & Warshaw P.C., despite my being a full-time college student, with disabilities, and Escandon had me falsely arrested in the hallway of the Monmouth County Courthouse, with the statute that I was charged under having been found unconstitutional by the Appellate Division in 1985, and invalidated ever since. Rule of law was ignored. Judge Escandon’s behavior was something you'd expect to see in an episode of The Sopranos, not a Court of Law.

I have suffered from severe PTSD since age 16, when a mentally-ill man who was on felony probation for False Public Alarm (bomb threat) and Eluding Police named Stephen D. Calhoun made a false police report about me, and I was jailed where I was subjected to physical assault and torture by Monmouth County Youth Detention Center Officers. Mr. Calhoun's defense in his case was that he should have been found not guilty by reason of insanity (you can read about Mr. Calhoun here https://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-unpublished/2009/a6027-06-opn.html ) yet Monmouth County Assistant Prosecutor Mark Apostolou Jr. withheld this very relevant exculpatory evidence from discovery, in violation of Brady v. Maryland. I went from being a Criminal Justice student who started college at 15 with a 4.0 GPA and graduated from the Monmouth County Sheriff's Youth Week two years in a row (held at the county police academy), with a rising political future that began with volunteering on my first Presidential campaign at age 13, continuing with Gubernatorial and Legislative races, to suffering from severe PTSD, and facing ridicule and discrimination as if I had committed a serious offense I was entirely innocent of, as the truth about the "witness" Mr. Calhoun's admitted psychotic criminal behavior was hidden until I found it years later, thanks to his failed appeal in State v. Calhoun (Docket No. A-6027-06T46027-06T4) being published online. The Monmouth County Prosecutor's office had sent defamatory material based on Mr. Calhoun's false allegation regarding me to Brookdale Community College, where now-convicted felon ex-President Peter F. Burnham expelled me from the school, before he was sent to prison for corruption. In my life, the Monmouth County Courts and Prosecutor's Office have long been a major source of injustice, and this system must be stopped from continuing to harm others. These are not courts of justice, but tools of terror.

In court papers, Drazin & Warshaw lawyer, Vincent Stripto ridiculed me for using medical cannabis to help treat PTSD (under the order of a California Psychiatrist), which New Jersey has now legalized. The Municipal Judge I faced in a Middletown Township (Monmouth County) court case for possessing my medicine, Judge Richard B. Thompson, has since been suspended without pay due to an on-going corruption investigation. Thompson had also been the Judge who heard a citizen's complaint I filed, and had wrongly refused to find probable cause in my criminal complaint against Bradley Beach Police Officer Terry Browning for Official Misconduct in my juvenile case, and Stephen D. Calhoun for (a repeat) offense of False Public Alarm and Filing a False Police Report in the same matter.

My father, who makes six figures, did not provide any financial support until he was ordered to pay child support when I was 15. Escandon terminated the support at age 21, despite my full-time college enrollment, and successful academic progress. A deadbeat dad could not ask for a more favorable judge.

I urge state Senator Vin Gopal and Governor Phil Murphy to stand up for the rights of women and children by calling for a thorough legislative and criminal probe of Escandon's activities, particularly during his time as a Family Court Judge, as well as how my juvenile case before Judge Eugene Iadanza was mishandled by the court and Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office. I am owed a formal state apology for the abuse I have suffered, as well as financial compensation, and those who did wrong must punished. Until justice has been achieved, until the day that I die, I will not and cannot stop fighting for what is right, by any means necessary to achieve justice.

REV. DR. ERIC HAFNER
FORMER CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE
TOMS RIVER, NEW JERSEY


No comments: