Sunday, October 15, 2017

Like It or Not, MiddletownMike Facebook Page

For quite a while now, I've found that I just haven't had the time or energy that I use to, to devote to blogging. When I started this blog nearly 10 years ago, life was different and I would spend hours each day keeping pace with the events that unfolded around me.

Blogging, which started out as a hobby allowed me to express my opinions on the world but it literally was becoming a full-time job, which took away quality time from my family and friends. So I started to pull back. As a result, I lost focus and the blog isn't quite what it was. I'm hoping to change that however, and get back to something that is fun to do and is informative for those that follow.

Like many people today, I've found myself constantly on social media; I'm on Facebook and have both a Twitter and Instagram account (which I have links to on the right hand sidebar of the blog). It seems that my "free" time that I used to spend stashed away, behind the office door and on the computer blogging, has been replaced by my various social media feeds, many of which became fodder for posts on the MiddletownMike blog.

Lately, I've been giving a lot of thought on what I can do to change things in order to get back on track. And I think I came up with an idea that will work!  For the past few days, I've been working on creating a MiddletownMike Facebook page (see the shiny new badge on the sidebar?).

Seeing how I'm spending so much time on social media anyway, the MiddletownMike Facebook page, I envision, will act as a companion to the MiddletownMike blog when I don't have the "free" time to write posts for the it. I can post stories and links to the Facebook page with  brief comments, when time is short. Then, when time allows, I can cross post to the MiddletownMike blog and vise versa to Facebook. This I think will free up time for me and as it will also allow me to keep my personal Facebook page personal and to myself, which is a good thing.

So to recap. I'm not giving up blogging, I have every intention of keeping this blog up to date and as relevant as it can be. To help do that, I've created a MiddletownMike Facebook page that I hope everyone who reads this will support by hitting the "Like" button to follow it and share it with others.

 

2 comments:

Victor E. Sasson said...

Hey, Mike, I've had you on my blog roll for years, and I see you've listed my "Eye on The Record" in yours. Can you please add "The Sasson Report," a blog I started this year that incorporates my other blogs, including "Eye on The Record"? Thanks. Here's the link, if you want to take a look: https://thesassonreport.blogspot.com/

MiddletownMike said...

Done Victor!