Monmouth County Democratic Chairman, Vin Gopal, has announced his intensions to seek reelection as County Chairman via an email blast to members of the Democratic County Committee.
In the 4 short years that he has lead the Party, Chairman Gopal has done an extremely effective job of getting Democrats elected countywide and his efforts haven't gone unnoticed. Monmouth County has become the new battleground for NJ politics. Democratic leaders from all parts of the state are coming to Monmouth County looking for his endorsement because they feel that the Republican hold on Monmouth County is slipping and the opportunity to make inroads have been paved.
Chairman Gopal has my support!
After four years as Democratic Party Chairman in Monmouth County, I am proud of what we have accomplished together. We have competitive elections at the county and local levels that have never been competitive before, Democrats have won majorities in towns throughout the County that once were under solid Republic control, and for the first time since 1991 the two Assembly seats in the 11th Legislative District are occupied by Democrats.
These accomplishments have forced statewide Democrats to take notice of what is going on right here in Monmouth County, and the state of our party is stronger than ever before.
Thank you for your tireless dedication, for your vocal support of Democratic candidates and democratic values, and for donating your time and your hard earned money to our party. It has been a rewarding and exciting journey in Monmouth County, one that would not have been possible without you.
Today, I am emailing our 900 Democratic County Committee Members to humbly ask for your support as I seek re-election as Chairman of the Monmouth County Democrats.
I have had the privilege of working with each and every one of you to continue to build upon the great work of my predecessor and I hope that you will not only give me the pleasure of continuing to do so in a third term as Chairman, but that you will take some time to reflect upon the great accomplishments of our party over our last four years together.
The following are just some of what we have accomplished in the last four years...
- The election of two state legislators in the 11th District (all Monmouth County - 18 towns from Colts Neck to Neptune) for the first time since 1991
- Election of a Democratic Mayor in Matawan, defeating an 8 year Republican incumbent
- Election of a Democratic Mayor in Atlantic Highlands, replacing an 8 year Republican incumbent
- Winning a Democratic Majority in Allentown for the first time in over 30 years
- Election of new Democratic Mayor in Spring Lake Heights, replacing Republican incumbent
- Election of the first Democrat Elected in Fair Haven in over 30 years, now making it a swing town
- Election of the first Democrat Elected in Neptune City in over 25 years, now making it a swing town
- Election of first Democrats Elected in Farmingdale in over a decade, now making it a swing town
- Breaking the all GOP Committee in Hazlet Township, now having 2 members on the governing body
- Election of first Democratic Mayor in Loch Arbour in over a decade
- Breaking the all GOP Committee in Manalapan for the first time since 2008
- Election of first Democratic Mayor in Ocean Township in over a decade
- Election of first Democratic Mayor in Oceanport in over a decade
- Election of Democratic Councilmembers in Union Beach for the first time in over a decade
- Maintaining Strong Democratic Majorities in towns throughout Monmouth County - from Aberdeen to Belmar and Marlboro to Lake Como - towns which have helped build the county party
Once again, thank you for your continued support.
Chairman, Monmouth County Democrats