Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday Morning Cartoon: Boba Fett - Star Wars Holiday Special Cartoon

It's been a while since I last posted a cartoon on a Saturday morning. Lately, I've been into all things Star Wars thanks in part to the new movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I found this cartoon on YouTube that was part of the ill advised and now infamous 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special.

This cartoon features the very first appearance of bounty hunter Boba Fett. Unlike many fanboys, I was never a big fan of bounty hunter Boba Fett. This cartoon doesn't change my mind about how I feel towards the character but it does give us a little insight into future events in the Star Wars universe.

Enjoy!

"George Lucas is commonly quoted as saying that if he had the time and a hammer, he would personally “smash” every bootlegged copy of the disastrous "Star Wars Holiday Special." However, fans almost universally agree that the best part of the much-maligned Wookie-centric variety show is the Nelvana-produced cartoon segment, directed by Clive Smith. The cartoon features the voices of the original cast, and famously introduces a new character: Boba Fett..."

No comments: