Sunday, January 18, 2015

NFL AFC Championship Game Colts At Patriots Preview

Last week I posted previews of the NFL divisional playoff games and gave my thoughts on which teams would win. I came out a soft 3-1 with my picks. I say soft because if you want to be technical I was really 2-2, picking the Cowboys over the Packers in my head, but hoping beyond hope that the Packers would win, which they did.

The other game that I lost last week was the Indianapolis Colts against the Denver Broncos. I really thought that the Broncos would run and throw up and down the field on the Colts defense, unfortunately that wasn't the case. Thanks in part to the Colts defense, which played very well, and a  previously undisclosed injury to Denver quarterback Peyton Manning, that seemed to limit his mobility and pass accuracy.  Taking nothing away from the Colts' Andrew Luck, who had just a spectacular game.

In today's AFC Championship game sees the New England Patriots taking on the Colts in Foxboro. It's supposed to be cold and rainy up there today which will give Tom Brady and the Patriots a distinct advantage. However, the Patriots have had the Colts and Luck's number for a rather long time now. The Patriots haven't lost to the Colts during the Andrew Luck era.   playoff games. Today will be no different, the Patriots just don't lose home.

My pick? The Patriots over the Colts 28 - 23

See what CBS Sports Pete Prisco and Pat Kirwan have to say in their preview of the AFC Conference Championship between the Indianapolis Colts and New England Patriots:

No comments: