Saturday, June 29, 2013

Domino's Driver Robbed At Gunpoint After Delivery

Just a short while ago I answered the ringing of my doorbell and was greeted by  reporter Chris Keating of NJ News12. He asked me if I had or know of anyone who had ordered a Domino's pizza last night?

When I Inquired as to why, he told me that last night ~ 1:00 a.m. the  driver who had delivered a pizza to one of my neighbors was robbed at gunpoint - just outside my house, on the far corner from my yard! He wanted to interview the neighbor to see if they saw or heard anything.

During our conversation, Keating  informed me that this was the 3rd such incident in recent weeks that followed the same M.O., the robbers appear to be tailing the delivery drivers and robbing them at gunpoint after the delivery is made.

I've sent an inquiring email to the Middletown Police Department but don't expect a forthright response seeing how this incident is currently under investigation.

However, If anyone has any information about last night or about the other recent robberies please let the proper authorities (and myself) know and remember to be careful, stay vigilant, keep an eye out for what's happening around you and don't order a Domino's Pizza after midnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More home invasion in Middletown, not surprised. For two years your area has been target with crime. 2011 murder in home invasion they arrested the husband, did they go further. They were aware of who was committing these crime. A neighbor indentified someone did your police question that person. No, now you have pizza drivers robbed at gunpoint. The gunman don't have to worry Middletown police unless they have a slam dunk case, in their mind, the robber will continue in his quest. Home invasion are something that Middletown does not want to be labeled with it will put a mark on their "great place to live"

Anonymous said...

And the police chief lives right across the street