Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2012 KaBoom Fireworks Display Cancelled

Redbankgreen.com and Middletown Patch are both reporting today that this years KaBoom fireworks display over the Navesink has been cancelled. Security costs and inadequate funding for the event is sighted as the reason for the demise of this years upcoming event. RedbankGreen is also reporting that the Rumson fireworks display may be cancelled as well.

I am sorry to hear about this, there aren't many places in the area that people can go watch a 4th of July fireworks display anymore. Personally, I haven't seen the KaBoom display in years,  I have avoided the area because I didn't want to get all mixed up in the crowd and then have to fight all the traffic. The last time I went it took nearly two hours to get out of town.

Still I hate to see it go, I guess if I want to get my fill of some fireworks I'll just have to head over to the Keansburg boardwalk on a Friday night during the summer and catch them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was born and raised in Red Bank and have enjoyed the fireworks my entire life as viewed from the porch of my uncle's home on East Front Street. Before he passed it would take us 3 hours to get home on Spring Street. After that I saw them from Marine Park where it was a mob scene. After moving to River Plaza 20 years ago I've seen each year get worse. The chaos and firecrackers thrown into crowds and riot-like atmosphere isn't my idea of fun. Red Bank has gotten too big for its britches. The economy is bad and people don't contribute. Let it rest this year and possibly be resurrected when things get better. It needs to be on a smaller scale for locals.

Anonymous said...

Since 1959 and growing to be one of the biggest fireworks displays on the East Coast,, what a shame!
Why not find a big sponsor?. such as SiriusXM Radio?

Letting it rest a year will not bring it down in size next year but perhaps quite the opposite.

As for the Police and EMS , its July 4th, how about volunteering one nite of your year?

Anonymous said...

Since 1959 and growing to be one of the biggest fireworks displays on the East Coast,, what a shame!
Why not find a big sponsor?. such as SiriusXM Radio?

Letting it rest a year will not bring it down in size next year but perhaps quite the opposite.

As for the Police and EMS , its July 4th, how about volunteering one nite of your year?