Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Red Bank Councilwoman Kathy Horgan Will Be Nominated To Fill 11th District Vacancy


(Councilwoman Sharon Lee, Mayor Pat Menna and Councilwoman Kathy Horgan)


Monmouth County Democrats will nominate Red Bank Councilwoman Kathy Horgan tonight for State Assembly in the 11th District. Horgan will run with businessman Vin Gopal of Long Branch for Assembly and former prosecutor Ray Santiago of Freehold for State Senate.

Horgan, who has served one term on the borough council, works for a nonprofit organization which is dedicated to AIDS research. Horgan will replace Asbury Park restauranter Marilyn Schlossbach, who stepped down last week due to her restaurants getting hit hard due to Hurricane Irene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great choice! Good luck Kathy, Vin and Ray.

Anonymous said...

I recently wrote to Kathy Horgan. I explained to her that while I did not live in Red Bank, my wife and I often use Red Bank cabs on those weekends when we visit Red Bank and when we know that we will be drinking alcohol. I told Ms. Horgan that I often get into Red Bank cabs that reek of harmful, second-hand cigarette smoke. I asked Ms. Horgan (and Mayor Mena, et al) to sponsor a local ordinance that would prohibit licensed, Red Bank cab drivers from smoking in their taxis, even if there aren't any passengers in those cabs when those cab drivers are smoking.

Ms. Horgan ignored my letter. F_ck you, Ms. Horgan.