Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Robo Call From Concerned Citizens Of Middletown on Bonding Debt

Shortly after 12:00PM this afternoon my phone rang, on the other end of the phone was another robo-call from the group calling themselves "Concerned Citizens Of Middletown". This time the robo- call's message was geared toward "bonding" and the amount of debt that the Township has incurred over the years.

According to the call, Middletown is currently $73 million dollars in debt and nearly 20% of very tax dollar collected by the Township is must be allocated to pay it off, which seems about right to me, give or take a little either way.

People have been asking me if I have any information on this group, unfortunately I don't but would like to find out. My suspicions are that they are a Tea Party group or a few disgruntled township employees who want to get information out about the shell games the Township Committee has been playing over the past couple of years.

If any one has any other information on this "Concerned Citizens of Middletown" group, please send it along.

Below is the message that went out today, I recorded off my answering machine so that I could post it here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to receive one of these robocalls, but judging from your audio clip, I would not think it's a Tea Party group as the woman speaking sounds reasonably intelligent.

Anonymous said...

Do yourself a favor and send this link to your friends before their next robo call.

http://www.nj.gov/oag/newsreleases09/pr20091123c.html

Signed,

The Tea Party

MiddletownMike said...

Anon 6:31

I think you need to do a little better there, I see no relevance between your link and the Middletown group sending out robocalls.

I seems to me like a case of apples to oranges.

Anonymous said...

This is how ignorant the voters of Middletown are. Last Nov. people coming to vote were asking why wasn't Anna Little's name on the ballot? They didn't even know Rush Holt was their Congressman. That's scary!
Voters should be required to take a test before they vote.
An educated voter can make an educated decision.
Keep the robo calls coming