Wednesday, December 29, 2010

APP Letter: Who's running show in Middletown?

It's just not me complaining about the "Snow Job" that we have received courtesy of our town, others are complaining as well. The following letter to the editor appears in today's online edition of the Asbury Park Press:

The Middletown Department of Public Works knew well in advance of the snowstorm that hit on Sunday. Yet, it's Monday night at 9:15 p.m., and my street, Melrose Terrace, has yet to see one plow. I spoke to friends who work for the Department of Public Works, and they say that they are all home and all plowing is contracted out.

Who is in charge? I've been trying to call all day and just get voice mail.

As a worker for a power company, I have to get to work or my job is in jeopardy — no excuses.

I also have a daughter with autism and if we had an emergency it would take hours for EMTs to get here, if not days.

Where's the mayor? I'll bet his street is plowed. Neither he nor anyone on his staff is answering the phone. I've lived in Middletown for 48 years and I never thought I would say this but I think it's time to move out of this state.

Patrick McGuire

MIDDLETOWN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the fruits and nuts are running this township or the lunatics are loose and in command !!