Monday, May 24, 2010

Primary Challenger Avallone Responds To Scharfenberger, While Gerry Ducks From Debate



In yesterday's Asbury Park Press, in an article about the Middletown Primary, Mr. Scharfenberger is quoted as saying that " I have a lot to learn". This is actually pretty funny, because for the past 2 weeks, I have written letters and called his office almost daily for a debate or a meet and greet.

To date, I have not had the decency of a return call. If I have "so much to learn" why is Mr. Scharfenberger afraid to debate me!

It's probably because, I have a MBA; I have been a resident of Middletown for over 25 year's; I have owned and managed a business for over 22 year's; have had to meet a payroll every Friday for 22 year's; have had to balance a budget for 22 year's; and been an active member of the community and our church.

What have we had with Mr. Scharfenberger in charge; a municipal tax rate that has gone up 16% over the last three year's.

And, he thinks "I have a lot to learn".

There is still plenty of time left before the June 8th primary, and I challenge you Mr. Scharfenberger to a debate. In fact you can name the venue, you can pick the moderator, and you can select the questions. Just let me know where and when. I will be there, and this time I hope you show up!

Tony Avallone
Republican Candidate for Middletown Committee

No comments: