Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Governor Thanks His Supporters

I received the following email last night from the Governor Corzine. It was sent to all of those that supported him and his campaign this year. I thought that I would share it with you all:

You've stood by this campaign through thick and thin, and I wanted to take a few moments to thank you for all your support and encouragement throughout this campaign.

We may not have prevailed in the vote count, but we stood up for our common commitment to making this state the kind of place where all of our kids and grandkids can grow and prosper.

For that, I am truly grateful to each and every one of you.

Whatever our political differences, I believe that Chris Christie is going to work hard for the people of this state, and I wish the Governor-Elect success, patience, and good fortune as he leads our state forward.

I got into public life because I truly believe that government can be a force for good, and I am proud that we focused on the issues that matter most to working families like jobs, education, health care, and economic security.

Thank you for the privilege of serving as your Governor, it has been the high honor of my life.

Jon Corzine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corzine has been very classy in defeat. This letter was well written.

aNON