Monday, October 19, 2009

Letter: That is why I shall vote for Patrick Short


I want to commend the efforts of Middletown Township Committee member Patrick Short to represent the Committee minority position and the majority of the taxpayers of Middletown. Too often the Republican committee people try to ramrod their proposals through without proper consideration of the budgetary cost. Too often the majority members try to control the information and limit the rights of the public. It is only through Patrick Short's involvement that we now have minutes, resolutions, etc., online.

I just found a book title, "Listening is an Act of Love," I believe that Patrick's willingness to listen to us when we speak at meetings, instead of interrupting, whispering to a neighbor, fiddling with hair, arrogantly demanding his "proper" title, making faces, as the majority members have done, shows his great caring and respect for us citizens.

Patrick has kept his promises. I feel safe and represented when I see him on the podium. That is why I shall vote for Patrick Short in November and I recommend that you do the same to preserve his valuable voice on the Committee.

Carolyn Schwebel, Executive Director
Equalizers

No comments: